Welcome to MacroView DMF 365
Thank you for choosing to evaluate MacroView DMF 365. This software is built to help you and your business easily manage documents, emails and more with your SharePoint Online (Office 365) service.
This guide contains everything you need to get started with your first installation. Remember to sign into the MacroView Help Centre and have your license key ready before beginning this tutorial.
If you don’t have a MacroView Help Centre account, you can create one right now by clicking Sign in in the top right and selecting Sign up. If you haven’t got a license key you can evaluate MacroView DMF 365 free for 30 days by completing our evaluation form.
You must have a Help Centre account and hold an evaluation or full license for MacroView DMF 365 to proceed with this guide.
Step 1: Download and install MacroView DMF 365
The first step involves downloading and installing the MacroView DMF client to your local machine.
- Close Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Reader.
- Download the version of MacroView DMF 365 that corresponds to your Windows installation from the Download section.
- Double-click the downloaded file and run the MacroView DMF Setup Wizard.
Once the wizard is complete, MacroView DMF will be installed on your system.
Step 2: Add your SharePoint Online (Office 365) server
In this step you will enter your SharePoint Online (Office 365) server details to use with MacroView DMF.
- First, double-click on the MacroView DMF desktop icon to open MacroView DMF Explorer.
- Open the File menu, choose Options and go to the Servers tab.
- Click Add to associate an existing SharePoint site collection with MacroView DMF.
The Server window allows you to enter your SharePoint server location, create a server name and configure advanced settings.
- In the Server Name field, enter a display name for your Office 365 Tenancy. This will appear as a new top-level node in the Browse mode of MacroView DMF.
- In the Server Path box, enter the URL path to your SharePoint Online (Office 365) Tenancy.
- Note: You must have at least read access to the entered Server Path to activate the license.
- In the Server Type drop-down, select SharePoint Online (Office 365).
- Now that you have entered your server details, License Status will display one of the following:
- - This indicates that your SharePoint server path is valid but not yet licensed for use with MacroView DMF. Please continue to Step 3: Activate your MacroView DMF 365 license.
- - This indicates that your SharePoint server path has been verified and licensed with MacroView. Skip forward to Step 4: Install MacroView sample libraries.
- - This indicates that MacroView Licensing cannot contact your SharePoint location. As a first step, make sure your Server Path has been entered correctly. If your Server Path is correct and you're still experiencing this error, please see the following knowledge base article for troubleshooting: License status 'Unknown' after entering server path details.
Step 3: Activate your MacroView DMF 365 license
To license MacroView DMF, click the Activate link to open the MacroView Licensing website.
- Login with your Office 365, Microsoft or Google account by choosing the appropriate icon and entering your details.
- MacroView recommends using a non-employee-specific account (e.g. admin@ or other group account) as the same account will need to be used for all subsequent activations of the license.
- You will be prompted by the relevant account provider to trust the MacroView Licensing site. You must grant this access in order to register the account.
- Click Sign in to load the Activate License page.
- After the licensing home page loads, select Licenses > Activate on the left navigation panel.
- Now, enter the License Key (supplied by MacroView) in the field provided.
- Note: Your SharePoint Online (Office 365) server path should be entered automatically. Ensure your License key and server path are accurate, then click Next.
- The next window will display the MacroView products associated with your license key. Ensure that all your services are selected, then click Next.
- The confirmation page will now load displaying your license key, the SharePoint server associated with the license and the MacroView products that will activate. If these details are correct, click Next to proceed to the Licenses Summary page.
- Return to the Server dialog in MacroView DMF Explorer.
- Click Recheck to confirm that the newly added Tenancy is licensed. The License Status will display a indicator if it is.
Understanding your MacroView licence
It's important to remember that your MacroView licence is not tied to an individual user, but to your:
- Server Farm for SharePoint Server (on-premises), and/or
- SharePoint Online Tenancy, for SharePoint Online (Office 365)
This means that your SharePoint environment only needs to be licensed with MacroView once, and the amount of users able to connect are limited by the amount of user seats your organisation has purchased.
If you want to find out more about MacroView licensing visit Managing MacroView 365 and Client Side Only licenses.
Step 4: Start using MacroView DMF 365
You have successfully completed your installation of MacroView DMF 365. The links below contain more information to help you get started. Thank you for choosing to evaluate MacroView DMF 365.
- Using MacroView DMF 365 - Series of short videos that briefly demonstrate how you can use MacroView DMF 365 to manage documents and emails.
- Evaluation Guide – SharePoint Document Management - Structure your evaluation of SharePoint-based document management tools using these comprehensive checklists of functionality and features.
- Blog: Managing Documents and Emails in Office 365 with MacroView.
- Browse the MacroView DMF product page.
- Log a support request or Email MacroView Support if you need help with your installation or have any questions regarding MacroView DMF 365.