MacroView ClauseBank 365 can be used without installing anything on the SharePoint Online server, however to experience the complete ClauseBank package including support for content expiry and content expert notifications you must deploy the MacroView ClauseBank Online solution.
The MacroView ClauseBank Online web feature provides:
- Clause site columns, content types and templates
- Clause library list definitions
- Clause expiry date list workflow
- Content expert notification site workflow
Note: The SharePoint Online (Office 365) server cannot have MacroView ClauseBank Server installed, and as a result Clausebank usage logging is not available.
Install the SharePoint Online solution
- Download the MacroView ClauseBank Online solution from the Downloads site.
- Navigate to the ClauseBank Site Collection, select Site Settings > Solutions (under Web Designer Galleries).
- Click Upload Solution and browse to find the downloaded file MacroView ClauseBank Online.wsp.
- Select the MacroView ClauseBank Online.wsp checkbox, then click Activate in the ribbon.
- The Solutions Gallery window will now appear. Click Activate to confirm the activation.
- Navigate to or create a site within the same site collection where the MacroView ClauseBank Online solution has been deployed and activate the MacroView ClauseBank Online site feature in Site Settings > Site Features.
- Create a new clause library by clicking 'Add an app' and choosing the Clause Library template.
- To enable automatic expiry date calculation based on update frequency, you must associate the Clause Expiry workflow:
- Navigate to Library Settings > Workflow Settings.
- Click Add a workflow.
- Configure the following settings:
- Content Type: This List
- Workflow: Clause Expiry
- Name: Any
- Task list: Workflow Tasks
- History list: Workflow History
- Start Options: (Check the following boxes)
- Allow this workflow to be manually started by an authenticated user with Edit Item permissions.
- Creating a new item will start this workflow
- Changing an item will start this workflow
- Click OK to associate the workflow with the clause library.
To enable Content Expert clause expiry notifications:
- Navigate to Site Contents > Site Workflows.
- Click the Content Expert Notifications hyperlink to start the workflow.
- Installation on on-premises SharePoint 2013 or later farms require additional configuration to install Workflow Manager. Workflow Manager must be downloaded and installed separately. It does not install automatically when you install SharePoint.
- The Clause Library list definition, site columns and content types are the same as those deployed by the full trust MacroView ClauseBank solution.
- The Clause Expiry workflow must be associated with each clause library individually. There is no way to include these associations in the list definition.
- When the Clause Expiry workflow is added, an additional workflow status column is added to the library and the default view. This is a standard SharePoint workflow behaviour. The column can be safely removed from the view.
- The Content Expert Notifications site workflow runs until it is manually terminated:
Once started, it will immediately process all clause libraries in the site and then wait for 24 hours before processing the libraries again. This wait/loop behaviour continues until the workflow is terminated by clicking on it and then clicking End this workflow.
If new clause libraries are created after the site workflow is started, they are automatically included the next time it loops. There is no naming convention requirement; all document libraries in the site are processed, but only included if they contain the ClauseBankUpdateFrequency, ClauseBankExpiryDate and ClauseBankContentExpert fields.
- Your SharePoint Online tenant must not be configured to block SharePoint 2013 workflows:
SharePoint 2013 workflows are not blocked by default, however some tenant administrators may choose to do so. Ticking this box will prevent the MacroView ClauseBank Online solution from working. This setting is located at: