MacroView DMF and MacroView Message allows you to browse your SharePoint environment within Microsoft Outlook through:
- A tree-view display of your available SharePoint environment, similar to Windows File Explorer
- A file list showing you the contents of your selected SharePoint location
- A formatted preview pane displaying your currently selected file.
This functionality is also present in Macroview DMF Explorer, a standalone Windows application available to MacroView DMF users.
What's displayed in the tree-view
DMF and Message respect the SharePoint permission model - you will only be able to see and access SharePoint locations and files you have permission to view in the SharePoint web browser.
MacroView will display a node in the tree structure provided that you have access permission to some content located in that node, or one of its nested nodes. DMF and Message display intermediate nodes (where you do not have permission to any content) so that you can navigate down the tree to the content that you are permitted to access.
View and search SharePoint in four browse modes
MacroView DMF and MacroView Message provide four ways for you to interact with your SharePoint environment:
- Browse - The default view. Displays a tree-view with all areas of SharePoint that you have permission to access.
- Favourites - Displays a tree-view with all areas of SharePoint that you have defined as a favourite, including SharePoint locations, documents and searches.
- Recents - View your recently accessed SharePoint locations, documents and searches.
- Search - Search for documents stored in SharePoint based on their content or metadata.
Pictured: Location of the Mode menu in MacroView DMF Explorer (left) and Microsoft Outlook (right)