There are four options for saving emails and attachments in MacroView DMF and MacroView Message to SharePoint:
- Save complete message
- Save complete message and attachments separately (introduced in DMF 8.4.1317)
- Save message body and attachments separately
- Show Email Save Options dialog
Users have the option to specify a default setting without needing to respond to additional prompts OR choose how they want to save each email through a dialog.
MacroView DMF 8.4.1243 and later allows users to split off attachments and save them separately when saving individual email messages from Outlook to SharePoint.
This functionality is controlled through a user option setting named Save Attachment Type, found in MacroView DMF under Options > Office (pictured below).
Save Attachment Type contains four different options that provide greater flexibility when saving emails and/or attachments:
- Save complete message (default) - Save the email including its attachments in a single *.msg or *.eml file.
- Save complete message and attachments separately - Save the email including its attachments in a single *.msg or *.eml file and saves a separate copy of the email attachments.
- Save message body and attachments separately - Save the message body and its attachments separately.
- Show Email Save Options dialog - Show the Email Save Options dialog with the following options, allowing the user to specifically select how an email and its attachments are saved (defaults to most recently selected option).