After upgrading MacroView DMF or MacroView Message from version 8.4.79 or earlier to version 8.4.88 or later the DMF or Message add-ins are not loaded when Outlook is started.
Prior to version 8.4.88 installation of MacroView DMF and MacroView Message was aligned with the version of Microsoft Office installed with a different installation file used for 32 bit Microsoft Office and 64 bit Microsoft Office. The installation file used then determined where the DMF and Message add-in references for Outlook, Word Excel etc. are recorded the registry.
Installation of MacroView DMF or MacroView Message 8.4.88 and later is aligned with the version of Windows in use. This means a single 64-bit installer is now used for both 32-bit and 64-bit Office on a 64-bit Windows computer and a separate 32-bit installer is used for 32-bit Office on a 32-bit Windows computer. The installer will determine the version Office in use and update or create the appropriate registry keys.
After upgrading MacroView DMF or MacroView MacroView from version 8.4.79 or earlier to version 8.4.88 or later, Outlook may still reference the wrong location for the adxloader.dll used to locate the MacroView DMF or MacroView Message Office add-in registry keys. This results in the add-ins not being loaded by Outlook. Uninstalling the previous version of MacroView DMF or MacroView Message before installing the new version will not always resolve this issue.
To resolve this issue references to C:\Program Files (x86)\MacroView\DMF in the registry should be removed. To do this:
- Close all Office applications
- Stop the DMF local service (right-click Exit on the DMF icon in the system tray)
- Search in the registry for all occurrences of that directory path C:\Program Files (x86)\MacroView\DMF and deleting each one
- Deleting the add-in registry keys under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Addins (substitute 15.0 with the version of Office that is installed)
- Repairing or reinstall the MacroView DMF or MacroView Message installer.
Note: If you are using multiple MacroView products, it is recommended you uninstall each of them before removing the registry keys reinstalling.