To use MacroView DMF or MacroView Message with SharePoint Online or in Client Side Only mode you simply need to install the client and configure it to point at your SharePoint Online or on-premises SharePoint server.
This procedure also applies to MacroView DMF 365 or MacroView Message 365.
Click here for a Quick Start Guide when running MacroView DMF or MacroView Message with an on-premises SharePoint server.
First make sure the following prerequisites are installed on each workstation
- Windows Vista or later recommended
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or above
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) 4.0 Runtime
- Office .Net Programmability also known as Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies.
For Office 2007 or Office 2010 they can be downloaded by selecting the links or via the Office setup process for other versions. By default they are already loaded if .Net Framework v2 to 3.5 was installed prior to Office.
Note: If you have a mixed Office environment then install both sets of PIA's otherwise only install the PIA that matches your Office version.
- Close all Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Also close Internet Explorer and Adobe Reader
- Run the MacroView DMF Client Installer provided
Connect a server
- Double click on the MacroView DMF icon on your desktop or Start Outlook
- In the File menu, choose Options (in Outlook select the MacroView tab and click on Options) and go to the Servers tab.
- Click Add
- In the Server Type drop-down select SharePoint Online (Office 365) or Client Side Only.
- In the Server Name box enter a display name which will appear as a new top-level node in the Browse mode of MacroView DMF or MacroView Message.
Note: You must have at least read access to the entered server path to activate the license.
- In the Server Path box enter the path to your SharePoint Online (Office 365) Tenancy or SharePoint server.
- If the server path entered is invalid or not reachable the indicator will be displayed.
- If the server has already been licensed the indicator will be displayed.
Activate your license
- Click Activate to open the MacroView Licensing website.
- Login with your Office 365, Microsoft or Google account.
MacroView recommends using a non-employee-specific account (e.g. admin@ or other group account) as the same account will need to be used for all subsequent activations of the license.
- You will be prompted by the relevant account provider to trust the MacroView Licensing site. You must grant this access in order to register the account.
- Enter your name and email address and Click Sign in.
- The Activate License page will load where you can enter the License Key (supplied by MacroView).
- Click Next to see the products linked to the entered license.
- Select the DMF, DMF 365, Message or Message 365 option and click Next.
- Confirmation the information is correct and click Finish.
- After the Licenses Summary loads, return to the Server dialog in MacroView DMF Explorer or MacroView Message and click Recheck to confirm that the newly added Tenancy or server is now licensed.
For detailed instructions refer to the Installation and Configuration Guide available on the download page.