When installing MacroView ClauseBank with an on-premises SharePoint server you should always install or upgrade the server before installing or upgrading the client.
Click here to for a Quick Start Guide when running MacroView ClauseBank with SharePoint Online.
MacroView ClauseBank Server requires:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013/2016/2019
- Log on to one of the Web Front Ends (WFE) in your SharePoint farm
- Use the account that the SharePoint Farm was setup with or an account with membership to all of the following:
- Local Administrators group on every WFE
- SharePoint Farm Administrators group
- The SharePoint_Shell_Access role on the Configuration Database (2010 and 2013)
- Copy the MacroView DMF solution to C:\ and run the following command to install the solution to all WFE’s in your farm:
add-spsolution -filename "c:\macroview clausebank.wsp"
- Deploy the solution (2010, 2013 or 2016)
- Go to System Settings in the SharePoint Central Admin Console
- Under the Farm Management heading click on Manage Farm Solutions’
- Deploy the MacroView ClauseBank solution
- Go back to System Settings
- Activate your License
- Under the MacroView Licensing heading click on Manage Product Licensing
- Click Online Activation
- Enter your License Key and click Next
- Tick MacroView ClauseBank and click Finish
- For offline activation please see section 3.4.2 in the Installation and Configuration Guide
- Enable the MacroView ClauseBank Expiry Notifications web application feature. Be sure to select the correct web application before activating the feature.
Note: if you are using SharePoint 2013 or later you can alternatively deploy ClauseBank SharePoint Online Solution to use workflows to manage content expiry and expert notification.
Enable the MacroView ClauseBank Core site collection feature in the site collection serving your reusable content
Create a new site called ClauseBank and then a Test Clauses Library. The library's title must end with the word Clauses to be displayed in the MacroView ClauseBank Client
First make sure the following prerequisites are installed on each workstation
- Windows Vista or later recommended
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or above
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) 4.0 Runtime
- Microsoft Office Primary interop Assemblies for Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 2013 or Office 2016
- If you wish to use the ClauseBank Synchronization Agent, ensure that the appropriate Microsoft Sync Framework is installed along with Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
Note: If you have a mixed Office environment then install both sets of PIA's otherwise only install the PIA that matches your Office version.
- Login as Administrator
- Close all Office applications Outlook, Word and Power Point
- Run the MacroView ClauseBank Client installer provided
- Open Word and on the Insert tab there will be a ClauseBank group on the right
- Click on the Clause button and go to Tools > Options
- On the content tab click Add then enter a name and the URL of the ClauseBank Site
- Refresh the Tree list to see the newly added ClauseBank Site
For detailed instructions refer to the Installation and Configuration Guide available on the download page.