To install MacroView Case and Matter for use with on-premises SharePoint each individual server product needs to be installed and activated separately and you need to install the client. You may also want to use the MacroView Sample Library Utility to provision a test environment.
Click here to for a Quick Start Guide when running MacroView Case and Matter with SharePoint Online or in Client Side Only mode.
Install an activate each of the Case and Matter server components.
MacroView DMF Server
- Download the MacroView DMF Sever installation
- Install the MacroView DMF Server
- Activate the MacroView DMF license
- Download the MacroView UDN Sever installation
- Install the MacroView UDN Server
- Activate the MacroView UDN license
- Download the MacroView EDS Sever installation
- Install the MacroView EDS Server
- Activate the MacroView EDS license
- Download the MacroView PEF Sever installation
- Install the MacroView PEF Server
- Activate the MacroView PEF license
- Download the MacroView ClauseBank Sever installation
- Install the MacroView ClauseBank Server
- Activate the MacroView ClauseBank license
- Install the MacroView Email handler
First make sure the following prerequisites are installed on each workstation
- Windows 8.1 or later recommended
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or above
- Microsoft Office 2013, 2016 and O365
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
- Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) 4.0 Runtime
- Office .Net Programmability also known as Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies.
Note: If you have a mixed Office environment then install both sets of PIA's otherwise only install the PIA that matches your Office version.
- Download the Case and Matter Client installer
- Close all Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Also close Internet Explorer and Adobe Reader
- Run the MacroView Case and Matter client installer and select the required components
For detailed instructions refer to the Installation and Configuration Guide available on the download page.
Create sample libraries
Install the MacroView sample libraries which contain custom content types and columns for recording metadata when saving documents and messages. Note that you will need edit permissions to the site where the sample libraries are being created.
- Download and run the MacroView Library Utility (available from the download page)
- Select the Sample MacroView Case & Matter System tab
- Enter the URL of the site where the libraries are to be created
- Select the required positioning of the matter numbers (Front, End, None)
- Click Create Library