MacroView DMF extends the integration of Microsoft Office and SharePoint, adding the Save As to SharePoint and Open from SharePoint buttons to the Home ribbon in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, providing an intuitive interface between SharePoint and Office.
Save to SharePoint
Clicking Save As to SharePoint displays the MacroView DMF Save to SharePoint dialog.
- Click to choose the save location using the left tree-view pane in the MacroView DMF dialog. Just like MacroView in Outlook or MacroView DMF Explorer, you can search for your destination using the Browse, Favorites, Recent or Search modes found in the top ribbon.
- Once you have chosen your save location, the central pane will populate with other Office documents of the same type also stored in that area.
Tip: If you wish to overwrite or create a new version of an existing document stored in this location, you can click on a file shown in the central pane to automatically fill out the file name in the field below.
When you click Save, MacroView DMF check to make sure you want to override before continuing with the save.
- Enter the file name for your document in the text box below, and select the file type.
- Click the Save button to finalise the save and upload the document to SharePoint.
Once the document has been saved to SharePoint using this method, subsequent saves (using File > Save or CTRL + S) will save changes to the document in SharePoint.
Open from SharePoint
Clicking Open from SharePoint displays the dialog shown below so that you can choose the document you want to open.
Note: The file list is automatically filtered so that you only see those files that are relevant to the current application. For example, if you're using Word, the file list will only show you files that can be opened in Word like .doc and .docx.
To Open a file, simply:
- Navigate and select a file from the MacroView DMF file list.
- Click Open - the document will then be opened for editing and Checked out to you.
YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSIt5X1QMRg