The table below represents the metadata columns used by MacroView to automatically capture email metadata properties when saving emails to SharePoint via MacroView DMF or MacroView Message.
These columns are automatically provisioned when creating a MacroView Library (SharePoint Server on-premises) or using any of the MacroView provisioning solutions to create a new MacroView library (SharePoint Online/Office 365).
These columns must be present in the destination library for the metadata capture to behave correctly.
Technical note: The columns do not need to be present in views. When provisioned using the mentioned MacroView utilities, the columns are set to hidden by default so users are not prompted to enter any email properties in the DMF Profiling Dialog.
|Display Name||Internal Name||URL Name||Type|
|Conversation Topic*||mvConversationTopic||mvConversationTopic||Single line of text|
|To||mvTo||mvTo||Single line of text|
|From||mvFrom||mvFrom||Single line of text|
|CC||mvCC||mvCC||Single line of text|
|BCC||mvBCC||mvBCC||Single line of text|
|Sent On||mvSentOn||mvSentOn||Date and Time|
|Received Time||mvReceivedTime||mvReceivedTime||Date and Time|
|Importance||mvImportance||mvImportance||Single line of text|
|Attach Count**||mvAttach Count||mvAttach_x0020_Count***||Single line of text|
|Sensitivity||mvSensitivity||mvSensitivity||Single line of text|
|MessageID||mvMessageID||mvMessageID||Single line of text|
|Tracking Tag||mvTrackingTag||mvTrackingTag||Single line of text|
|Original Author||mvOriginal Author||mvOriginal_x0020_Author***||Single line of text|
|Original Created||mvOriginal Created||mvOriginal_x0020_Created***||Date and Time|
|Original Modified||mvOriginal Modified||mvOriginal_x0020_Modified***||Date and Time|
|Original Producer||mvOriginal Producer||mvOriginal_x0020_Producer***||Single line of text|
|Original FileName||mvOriginal FileName||mvOriginal_x0020_FileName***||Single line of text|
- ^ - The formula to display the icon is =IF([Attach Count]<>0,"📎"," ")
- * - Conversation Topic must be present for the Subject calculated column to function correctly.
- ** - Attach Count must be present for the Attachments and Attachment Icon calculated columns to function correctly.
- *** - _x0020_ references a white space character in the SharePoint URL.
MacroView DMF will automatically populate these columns if they already exist in a destination Document Library. These columns can be added at any time directly to a Library or to the Site Columns Gallery, however metadata capture will not work retroactively on existing emails.
With regard to the ‘Subject’ column:
- ‘Subject’ automatically displays the Conversation Topic. Conversation Topic is the Subject without any RE: or FW: prefixes. This enables the SharePoint user to group emails by Conversation Topic (discussion thread) when sorting by Subject (same effect as standard Outlook).
- When saving an email MacroView DMF will also automatically set the built-in ‘Title’ column to the Subject of the email.
- ‘Tracking Tag’ stores the tag assigned to emails by MacroView Predictive Email Filing (PEF) or MacroView Corporate Email Filing (CEF) if enabled.
The last five columns listed above are designed to capture the properties of a file before it was uploaded to SharePoint.
- ‘Original Author’ is set to the ‘Author’ property of the file before it was uploaded or the sender of an email.
- ‘Original Created’ is set to the date and time that the file was originally created.
- ‘Original Modified’ is set to the date and time that the file was last modified before being saved to SharePoint.
- ‘Original Producer’ is only used for PDF files and is set to the program used to create the PDF file.
- ‘Original FileName’ is used for Office documents, PDF files and popular text file formats including TXT, XML and HTML and is set to the original name of the file when it was first saved to SharePoint.
All the columns should be added as ‘hidden’ columns to a content type so they do not appear in the profile dialog along with the other metadata columns.
Note: When using MacroView Mail, Office documents and PDF attachments will not automatically capture originalCreated ,originalModified, originalAuthor metadata.