This guide will show you how to save a document library template for SharePoint Online, SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016.
Saving a SharePoint library template
Before starting, ensure you have Full Control of the site collection where you wish to export your document library template.
- Go to the SharePoint library to export, then click Library settings.
- Under Permissions and Management, select Save document library as template.
- Name the template as desired, then click OK to save the template.
- Note: Include Content will not work if there is too much data in the library.
- Now that the library has been saved, go to Site Collection Settings and click List templates.
- To download a copy of your saved template, select the template and click on the hyperlink to save it to your desired location.