MacroView DMF and MacroView Message are available for use with on-premises SharePoint and with SharePoint Online (Office 365).
- DMF and Message can be used with both on-premises SharePoint and with SharePoint Online (Office 365)
- MacroView DMF 365 and MacroView Message 365 can only be used with SharePoint Online (Office 365).
When DMF or Message are used with on-premises SharePoint a full trust web service is usually installed on the SharePoint server providing additional functionality not available when running in Client Side Only (CSO) mode or against SharePoint Online (Office 365).
The list below shows the features available when accessing an on-premises SharePoint server running the full trust web service that are not available when accessing SharePoint Online (Office 365) or an on-premise server in Client Side Only (CSO) mode.
- Display of the tree structure that copes with breaks in permission inheritance – The user can access areas below the inheritance break if they contain other areas for which the user has permission. When running on SharePoint Online (Office 365) or Client Side Only the MacroView tree display stops at the first break in permission inheritance.
- Audit History – The right click option to display a report of usage activity on a document.
- Version history - version history is maintained if you move to Office 365 from on-premises server, but not if you move in the opposite direction.
- Optional Enhanced Document Security module that makes it easy for a user to manage permissions.
- Custom Library Templates - Right-click, Create Library with custom library templates.
- External Metadata – support for External metadata columns which allow documents to be classified by using metadata retrieved from an external system.
- Optional MacroView Unique Document Numbering module which allows an organisation to number documents sequentially across the whole document store (i.e. across multiple Site Collections).
- Optional MacroView Predictive Email Filing module which suggests save locations or automatically file emails.
- Integration with external systems – e.g. to provision new sites and libraries in the SharePoint document store structure as Clients and Projects are created in a Line of Business system.
- Filter node limits (Nodes to Block “Show All”).
- Show File Name option when profiling save documents and emails.
- ‘Group by’ views, Key Filters and Folder Level Defaults.