Step 1: Download and install the MacroView Case and Matter client
- Close Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Reader.
- Download the MacroView Case and Matter Client that corresponds with your version of Windows from the Downloads site.
- Double-click the downloaded file to start the MacroView Case and Matter Setup Wizard.
- If you have received an additional license to evaluate MacroView ClauseBank you must click the Options button found on the license agreement page and check the box titled MacroView ClauseBank to include it in your Case and Matter installation.
- Click Install to begin installing MacroView Case and Matter.
Step 2: Add your SharePoint server
In this step you will enter your SharePoint server details to use with MacroView DMF. Once configured, the server will display in the MacroView tree view allowing you to interact with your SharePoint environment.
- First, double-click on the MacroView DMF desktop icon to open MacroView DMF Explorer.
- Open the File menu, choose Options and go to the Servers tab.
- Click Add to associate an existing SharePoint site collection with MacroView DMF.
The Server window allows you to enter your SharePoint server location, create a server name and configure advanced settings.
- In the Server Name field, enter a display name for your SharePoint server. This will appear as a new top-level node in the Browse mode of MacroView DMF.
- In the Server Path box, enter the URL path to your SharePoint server.
- Note: You must have at least read access to the entered Server Path to activate the license.
- In the Server Type drop-down, select SharePoint Server.
- Now that you have entered your server details, License Status will display one of the following:
- - This indicates that your SharePoint server path is valid but not yet licensed for use with MacroView DMF.
- - This indicates that your SharePoint server path has been verified and licensed.
- - This indicates that MacroView Licensing cannot contact your SharePoint location. As a first step, make sure your Server Path has been entered correctly. If your Server Path is correct and you're still experiencing this error, please see the following knowledge base article for troubleshooting: License status 'Unknown' after entering server path details.