MacroView consultants recommend the following tips when saving a hundreds of emails in bulk to SharePoint using MacroView DMF.
- Drag and drop from Outlook across to the MacroView DMF Explorer application. This approach ‘frees’ up Outlook while DMF Explorer (64bit) takes care of the processing.
- Drop emails into the File list right pane rather the tree folder view – it offers better user experience with feedback.
- Ensure that inform of successful save is enabled – enabling this setting will inform you when the process has finished. Note: all emails will be tagged as 'Saved to SharePoint' even if this setting is off.
- We recommend using Outlook 64-bit or use an LAA compatible version of Outlook where possible.
- Security software is more forgiving when the Outlook client is set to fully cached mode.
- Update Bulk Operations, see below, so that the count is set to 10000 and the checkbox is deselected. This can be done via the MacroView DMF client under Options > General.