Welcome to MacroView DMF 365
MacroView DMF 365 is designed to help you and your business easily manage documents, emails and files with your SharePoint Online (Office 365) service.
This guide contains everything you need to get started with your first installation. Remember to sign into the MacroView Help Centre and have your license key ready before beginning this tutorial.
If you don’t have a MacroView Help Centre account, you can create one by clicking Sign in in the top right of this page and selecting Sign up. If you haven’t got a license key you can evaluate MacroView DMF 365 free for 30 days by completing our evaluation form.
You must have a Help Centre account and hold an evaluation or full license for MacroView DMF 365 to proceed with this guide.
Step 1: Download and install MacroView DMF 365
The first step involves downloading and installing the MacroView DMF client to your local machine.
- Close Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Reader.
- Click this link to download: Download MacroView DMF
- Unzip the downloaded file
- Select the installation file corresponds with the version of Microsoft Windows in use
- Double-click the installer to run the MacroView DMF Setup Wizard.
Once the installation is complete, MacroView DMF will be added to your system.
Step 2: Complete the first-run wizard
When MacroView DMF starts for the first time you will be guided through the first-run setup.
This process will help you get started with:
- logging into your Office 365 account
- activating your licence key
- adding your SharePoint Online tenant and OneDrive for Business area to the tree-view
- creating a MacroView sample library in your OneDrive for Business site
If you are prompted for "admin approval" during the first-run setup, please see this article - MacroView Licensing message: "Need admin approval" or select Skip at the activation step above and after the installation is complete activate the license manually using an account other than your Office 365 account (see below for more information).
Optional: Manually license and setup additional SharePoint servers
If you would like to install, license and configure MacroView DMF 365 without using the first-run wizard, you want to activate your license with an account other than your Office 365 account, or you would like to add additional servers to your tree-view see Adding a new SharePoint server
Step 3: Start using MacroView DMF 365
Once the first-run wizard is complete, you're now ready to start using MacroView DMF 365.
If your organisation has OneDrive for Business configured with your Office 365 plan, you'll now have a MacroView Sample Library added to your personal OneDrive for business account.
This area comes configured to automatically capture document and email data as you save files to SharePoint via MacroView DMF.
Continue on to the tutorials to get started with the basics of DMF 365, such as:
- Browsing your SharePoint environment
- Capturing metadata for a document
- Saving emails to SharePoint
- How to automatically file emails to SharePoint
Evaluating with your team?
If you would like to evaluate MacroView DMF 365 with your team, see the following article to set up MacroView configured environments for SharePoint Online: