Welcome to MacroView Message 365
MacroView Message 365 is designed to help you and your business easily manage documents, emails and files with your SharePoint Online (Office 365) service.
This guide contains everything you need to get started with your first installation. Remember to sign into the MacroView Help Centre and have your license key ready before beginning this tutorial.
If you don’t have a MacroView Help Centre account, you can create one by clicking Sign in in the top right and selecting Sign up. If you haven’t got a license key you can evaluate MacroView Message 365 free for 30 days by completing our evaluation form.
Note: MacroView Message is a sub-set of MacroView DMF. Where you see DMF branding in the options menu, it also applies to Message.
You must have a Help Centre account and hold an evaluation or full license for MacroView Message 365 to proceed with this guide.
Step 1: Download and install MacroView Message 365
The first step involves downloading and installing the MacroView Message client to your local machine.
- Close Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Reader.
- Click this link to download: Download MacroView Message
- Unzip the downloaded file, then double-click the installer to run the MacroView Message Setup Wizard.
Once the installation is complete, MacroView Message will be added to your system.
Step 2: Complete the first-run wizard
When you start Microsoft Outlook after installing MacroView Message, you will be guided through the first-run setup.
This process will help you get started with:
- logging into your Office 365 account
- activating your licence key
- automatically adding your SharePoint Online tenant and OneDrive for Business area to the tree-view
- creating a MacroView sample library in your OneDrive for Business site
Optional: Manually license and setup additional SharePoint servers
If you would like to install, license and configure MacroView Message 365 without using the first-run wizard, or you would like to add additional servers to your tree-view, see the following articles:
Step 3: Start using MacroView Message 365
Once the first-run wizard is complete, you're now ready to start using MacroView Message 365.
If your organisation has OneDrive for Business configured with your Office 365 plan, you'll now have a MacroView Sample Library added to your personal OneDrive for business account.
This area comes configured to automatically capture document and email data as you save files to SharePoint through MacroView Message 365.
Continue on to the tutorials to get started with the basics of MacroView Message 365, such as:
- Browsing your SharePoint environment
- Capturing metadata for a document
- Saving emails to SharePoint
- How to automatically file emails to SharePoint
Evaluating with your team?
If you would like to evaluate MacroView Message 365 with your team, see the following article to set up MacroView configured environments for SharePoint Online: