When one or more SharePoint Online (Office 365) servers are registered in MacroView DMF or Message any files and locations available under the Shared area of your OneDrive for Business profiles can be accessed in the Favourites mode of DMF and Message.
Select Shared Files to view all files that have been shared directly with you or select a shared folder or document set to view the files it contains.
From the file list you can double click to open a file or right-click it to access other standard DMF functions.
Removing files from 'Shared with me'
Over time the files that are shared with you may become obsolete and you may wish to remove them from the 'shared with me' view in DMF. Unfortunately this cannot be done in DMF and must be done in SharePoint by the file owner or administrator.
For more information on how to stop sharing OneDrive or SharePoint files or folders, or change permissions please click on the link below:
- MacroView DMF / Message 8.5.1074 or later
- The right-click functions available on files shown under Shared files are limited to Open, Open Read-Only, Download, Version History and Copy as Link.
- Shared Folders have a flat one-level hierarchy, traversing through sub folders is not supported.
- File preview is not available.
- User only sees files which are on a server which is in the DMF server list (does not apply for OneDrive)
- Office documents which reside on a OneDrive that is not in DMF's server list cannot be opened.
- Node "Shared with me" is always displayed in the favourite tree even if the user has no shared files.
- Refresh on the "Shared Files" folder is not possible, refresh the parent node instead
- In MacroView DMF 8.5.1142 or later the Shared with me node can be hidden if not required by setting ShowSharedWithMeInFavourites in the user registry.