MacroView DMF and Message version 8.5.1097 and later has support for setting a central location to update the configuration files stored in your MacroView user settings* folder.
This is great news for system administrators, allowing you to deploy user settings to all members in your organisation with the click of a button.
How it works
You can now store your 'TreeNodesToHide.xml' file and configuration files for other DMF/message plug-ins in a central (common) location, either on your SharePoint environment or local file share, and set up your user's DMF client to retrieve these files from that central location.
This will save you time from having to manually deploy common user settings to each individual machine or risk users making an error if installing it themselves.
The following are just a few of the configuration files currently supported.
- MacroView Case and Matter - Create Matter
- MacroView Project - Create Projects
- MacroView Solution Provisioning
Setting it up
A new Central Configuration Location option has been added to the Store Folder Preferences section of the Support tab in MacroView Options:
The Central Configuration Location contains two fields to control the central configuration location:
- Location: Drop-down menu with two options SharePoint or File Share (if hosted on your network)
- Text field: Click the double dots on the right of the text field to browse your environment and locate your desired central configuration location.
Once you've applied your settings in the MacroView Options menu, DMF/Message will now check that location for any configuration files when it starts, and if there, will automatically download them to your user's machine.
Deploying to your users
To deploy this setting to your users, copy the resulting entries in the following registry branch and push them to your users via Group Policy:
* - User settings folder refers to %appdata%/MacroView DMF/Store