The File List in MacroView DMF and MacroView Message displays the files located in the selected area of SharePoint. If there are any views defined for the selected library you can filter the files shown by selecting any of these views from the File List Toolbar.
There are then a number of ways you can further filter the displayed items to quickly find the file you are looking for. These include
- Filtering on one or more columns
- Applying a key filter
- Sorting a column
- Using Quick Find
Filter on one or more columns
You can apply a filter to any column displayed in the file list by clicking on the column header and entering the filter text.
To clear a column filter click on the filter button on the column header and click the clear button.
In MacroView DMF and Message 8.5 or earlier you can filter on a single column. In MacroView DMF or Message 8.6 or later you can filter on any number of columns.
In MacroView DMF and Message 8.8.90 or later when filtering on managed metadata, choice, person group or date columns, values matching items displayed in the file list will be present on the filter control.
Apply a Key Filter
Key Filters allow efficient filtering of the files displayed in the current view in Outlook and DMF Explorer based on one or more of the file's metadata values for those columns that have been configured as Key Filter columns.
For more information on configuring and applying Key Filters refer to the following article.
MacroView DMF and Message - Key Filters
Sort files in the File List
You can sort the file list in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column header of the column you wish to sort by.
Use Find Files
Find Files will return all files containing the entered search text in their name, content or metadata. Find Files returns files not just from the current location but from the current location and any of its sub folders within the location of the file shown in the Found in column that is appended to the current view.
When a Find Files is in effect the gold bar is displayed and any view, column or Key Filters that have been applied to the file list continue to be respected.
If you rename a file or change its metadata in the current location or any of its sub folders Find Files will find it immediately.
- Single column filtering is available on MacroView DMF or Message 8.5 or earlier.
- Multi-column filtering is available on MacroView DMF and Message version 8.6 or later on SharePoint Online or on-premises SharePoint 2013, 2016 or 2019 in Client Side Only Mode.
- Display of matching values when filtering on managed metadata, choice, person group and single line of text columns is supported in DMF and Message 8.6.80 or later.
- Display of matching values when filtering on date columns is supported in DMF and Message 8.8.90 or later.