A new feature of MacroView DMF / MacroView Message 8.6.19 or later, is the visibility of the save location of a message in Outlook. The URL is now recorded as an Outlook category and is visible at the top of the email message.
This is supported for both SharePoint Online (Office 365) and SharePoint Server (on-premises).
The entry appears above the message body, to the right of the yellow highlighted Saved to SharePoint: field, similar to below:
The path displayed will be the last saved location. An email saved to a new location, will show its new location, with any previous entry removed.
The saving of single and multiple emails is supported.
Some notes on the functionality:
- Only a single location is recorded - An email saved in multiple locations will only record its last saved location as its Saved to SharePoint location.
- The full URL path displayed is 120 chars - A path greater than 120 chars is able to be set, however the field appears empty until it is clicked on.
- MacroView Message Saving functions are supported - All forms of MacroView Message saving to SharePoint functionality work, including Drag & Drop, MacroView Save Message, and Save on Send.
- Run Filing Rules - Messages saved to SharePoint through Run Filing Rules will have their message save location recorded.
- Corporate Email Filing (CEF) and Personal Email Filing (PEF)- These options are supported.
- The functionality supports the saving of messages only - The saving of attachments to a different location to the message will result in only the message save path being recorded. Saving of attachments only will result in no Saved to SharePoint details being recorded.