The MacroView Solution Provisioning extension allows users with appropriate permission to create site collections, sites and libraries that are configured with the columns, content types and library views suitable for use with MacroView DMF, MacroView Message and products based on MacroView DMF such as MacroView Case and Matter and MacroView Project.
MacroView Solution Provisioning is supported on MacroView DMF and MacroView Message 8.6 or later.
How it works
After installing MacroView Solution Provisioning a new right-click menu option called 'Provision' will be added to your right-click menu when selecting a site collection, site or library node.
Pictured above: The 'Provision' menu displayed when right-clicking a site collection node.
The 'Provision' option contains a number of sub menu options that vary depending on the type of node that has been selected and whether or not the current user has the required permissions to that area. The options include:
- New Site Collection: for creating new site collections pre-configured with MacroView site columns and site content types suitable for use in creating standard MacroView solution libraries.
- Add Site Collection Components: for updating existing site collections with MacroView site columns and site content types for use in creating standard MacroView solution libraries.
- New Site: for creating SharePoint sub sites.
- Add Site Components: for updating existing sites with MacroView solution features.
- New Library: for creating document libraries pre-configured with MacroView columns, content types and views ready to capture and display email and document metadata as you save to SharePoint via MacroView DMF or Message.
- New Library from Template: for creating standard SharePoint document libraries.
- Add Library Components: for updating existing library with MacroView columns, content types and views ready to capture and display email and document metadata as you save to SharePoint via MacroView DMF or Message.
- New Team: for creating Microsoft Teams.
- New Channel: for creating channels in Microsoft Teams.
See 'Configuration' section below for information on how to enable or disable any of the seven functions above.
Download MacroView Solution Provisioning
MacroView Solution Provisioning is supported on version 8.6 or later of MacroView DMF, MacroView Message and products based on DMF such as MacroView Case and Matter and MacroView Project. If you are using a version of DMF or Message earlier than version 8.6 you should install the individual provisioning extension applicable to the MacroView product you are using. See MacroView Provisioning for more information.
Download the version of MacroView Solution Provisioning that corresponds with your version of MacroView DMF or MacroView Message and your version of Windows.
|DMF or Message version||MVSP version||64 bit Windows||32 bit Windows|
|8.6 to 8.7.90||2.0.12||Download||Download|
|8.7.100 or later||3.0.10||Download||Download|
IMPORTANT: Before installing MacroView Solution Provisioning you must first uninstall any other MacroView provisioning extensions.
To find out if your customisation has been installed correctly check this help centre article.
When MacroView Solution Provisioning is installed the default Create New Library right-click menu option is replaced by the New Library from Template option on the Provision right-click sub menu. To re-instate the default Create New Library option if you uninstall MacroView Solution Provisioning, refer to How to hide or show DMF or Message right-click menu items
In version 1.1.4 or later to control which of the the functions above are available to users, you can copy the Functions.xml file from C:\Program Files\MacroView\DMF\Extensions\MacroView\MVSP\XML to their user profile C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\MacroView DMF\Store\Extensions\MVSP folder and set functions to be disabled to 0.
Alternatively, you can save the updated Functions.xml file to the Extensions/MVSP sub folder in your central configuration location to have the updates automatically deployed to anyone using that central configuration location.
You can also deploy these settings using Group Policy which will overwrite any local or centrally deployed Functions.xml files. To apply the settings by Group Policy set the following registry keys and values.
DMF/Message Client and SharePoint
- MacroView DMF and Message 8.6 or later
- SharePoint Online
- .NET 4.7.2
- On-premises SharePoint 2013, 2016 and 2019
If you are using DMF or Message 8.5 or earlier you should install one of the MacroView Provisioning for DMF and Message plug-ins.