Adds a right-click menu option in the MacroView DMF or Message file list allowing users to assemble a collection of files from different locations in SharePoint and merge them into a single PDF file or export them to a zip file.
How it works
In MacroView DMF or Message in Browse or Favorites mode, a user can navigate to any area of SharePoint and select files they wish to merge or zip into a single file by right-clicking on the files and selecting Merge Files.
The Merge Files option will present a sub menu with three further options; Merge, Add file(s) to merge and Clear.
Selecting Clear will prompt the user to confirm before deleting any files currently in the temporary merge folder. The user would do this before starting a new merge.
Selecting Add file(s) to merge will download a copy of the selected files into the temporary merge folder on the local computer. After adding files the user can select additional files to add by navigating to the required location and repeating the right-click Add file(s) to merge. If any of the files being added have the same filename as a file already in the temporary merge folder, the additional will be renamed by appending the name with the next available sequential number in parenthesis. e.g. filename(x).docx such that the file name is unique.
Once all the required files have been added to the merge folder the user can right-click and select Merge to display the merge dialog.
The Merge dialog will list all of the files that have been added to the temporary merge folder. Files that are of a format that is not supported when using the Merge Files option to merge to a single PDF file are highlighted in blue.
From the Merge dialog the user can do the following:
- Remove any files from the merge by selecting it and clicking Remove
- Delete all files in the merge by clicking Clear and confirming that all files will be removed
- Add additional files to the merge by clicking Add Files. This will present the MacroView DMF Open From SharePoint window so the user can locate and select the required additional files.
- Re-order the files in the merge by selecting the file to be moved in the list and clicking the up and down arrows.
- Merge the files (excluding files of an unsupported format) into a single PDF file by clicking Merge Files. When this option is selected, the MacroView DMF Save to SharePoint window will be displayed so the user can provide a filename and location in SharePoint where the resulting merged PDF file is to be saved.
- Save all the files into a single zip file by clicking Zip Files. When this option is selected the MacroView DMF Save to SharePoint window will be displayed so the user can provide a filename and location in SharePoint where the resulting zip file is to be saved. Note, that the sort order of the files is not retained when using the Zip Files option.
- Close the Merge dialog by clicking Close.
After a merge or zip is executed and the Merge dialog is closed, the files in the temporary merge folder are retained along with their sort order so that any additional files can be added or existing files removed as required, and additional merges can be executed. To start a fresh merge right click and select Clear from the Merge menu.
Support File Types
Supported file formats for a merged PDF are:
- .doc, .docx
- .xlx, .xlsx
- .ppt, .pptx
- .msg, .eml
Close Microsoft Outlook, DMF Explorer (if applicable) and the MacroView DMF Local Service then download and run the installer packages that corresponds with your installation of MacroView DMF or MacroView Message.
Important: This plug-in will only function once it is added to your MacroView DMF or Message license. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a license.
- MacroView DMF or MacroView Message 8.6.103 or later
- Microsoft Office 2013 or later
To find out if your customisation has been installed correctly check this Help Centre article.
If after installing the plug-in is not available refer to how to activate a licensed DMF or Message plug-in.