MacroView DMF and Message provide a number of ways in which you can save one or more email attachments to SharePoint.
- Drag and drop to a document library, folder or document set in the MacroView Pane
- Drag and drop to a <SharePoint> Favorite folder
- Split and automatically save attachments when drag and dropping a single email
- Open the message and click Save Attachments in the MacroView tab of the Message
- Open an attached Office or PDF file and and click Save to SharePoint.
Drag and drop attachments
You can drag and drop one or multiple attachments from an email to a library, folder or document set in the DMF or Message tree view to save them separately to SharePoint. Attachments can be drag and dropped from the email preview pane in Outlook or from an open email message.
You can also drag an drop an email attachment to a favorite folder under the <SharePoint> node in Outlook.
Split attachments when drag and dropping a single email
MacroView DMF also provides the ability to drag and drop individual emails from Outlook to SharePoint and provides flexibility with how saving behaves via the user setting Save Attachment Type found in Options – Office.
Saving attachments from an open message
From an open email message, in addition to drag and dropping the attachments, you can click Save Attachments on the MacroView tab or toolbar and MacroView DMF will display a list of the email attachments allowing you to select which are to be save and a save location.
Select the required attachments or check Select/Deselect All to select all the attachments.
If any of the file names contain invalid characters and the setting to Remove invalid characters when uploading is not enabled, attachments containing invalid characters will be highlighted with an * and an additional option will be provided to automatically Remove All these characters from the file names.
Click on a files name to manually rename it.
Once you have selected one or more attachments click OK and MacroView DMF will display a tree-view of the SharePoint document store allowing you to choose the library, folder or document set where you want to save too.
If only a single attachment is being saved you can also rename the attachment from this dialog before saving it. If more than one attachment is selected you will only be able to select a save location.
Select a location and click Save.
- If the Remove invalid characters when uploading setting is not enabled and you do not rename attachments that contain invalid characters, the save may fail depending on the version of SharePoint you are saving too.
- If you select multiple attachments with the same filename and the destination library does not have versions enabled, the attachments will be saved over each other and only the last attachment saved will retained. If the destination library does have versions enabled, each attachment will be saved as a new version of the same file in SharePoint.
- The original filename for any renamed attachment will be retained and recorded as metadata if the SharePoint content type selected contains the mvOriginalFileName column.
- In version of MacroView DMF and Message 8.7.43 and earlier to rename an attachment, select the attachment in the save attachments dialog and click Rename.
Open the attachment and click Save to SharePoint
If you are using MacroView DMF you can also open any Office or Adobe PDF attachment by double clicking it and then save it to SharePoint using the Save to SharePoint option in the MacroView group on the application ribbon or on the File menu in Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
MacroView DMF will display a tree-view of the SharePoint document store allowing you to reame the file if required and to choose the library, folder or document set where you want to save too.