Console Commands Excel Spreadsheet
It is not advised to write commands by hand.
The ConsoleCommands.xlsx spreadsheet should be used to write commands.
The spreadsheet contains 10 worksheets (tabs), one per command.
- Batch File
- Create Site Collection (Office 365 only)
- Add Solution (used to add Solution specific site columns and content types to an existing site collection)
- Create Site (within an existing site collection)
- Add To Site (add components to an existing site, for example add a pre-defined list or library)
- Create Library (within an existing site collection or site)
- Add to Library (add components to an existing library, for example views or folders)
- Create Document Set
- Create MS Team (Office 365 only)
- Create MS Team Channel (Office 365 only)
Example: Create a Site Collection
Creating site collections is supported for SharePoint Online (Office 365). Creating site collections is not supported for SharePoint On-Premise environments (SP2013, SP2016, SP2019). To create site collections for SharePoint on-premise environments please use the SharePoint Central Administration web site.
Lets author a command to create a Office 365 Site Collection.
Open the ConsoleCommands.xlsx spreadsheet and go to the Create Site Collection tab.
Enter values into the provided columns to fill in the second row of the spreadsheet.
Please take note of columns LanguageId, SiteTemplate and TimezoneId in the worksheet.
To lookup supported language ids, site templates and time zone identifiers please use the built-in help system, see the Help System page for details.
Next, select the calculated command from the Command column and copy / paste the command to a text file.
The resulting command should look as follows.
-Operation CreateSiteCollection -Url "https://abc.sharepoint.com/sites/XYZ" -Title "XYZ" -LanguageId 1033 -TimezoneId 76 -Storage 1 -SiteTemplate STS#3 -PackageKey MV -OptionKey MV_Create_SiteCollection
Lets execute the command, go to the Execute a Single Command page for instructions.