This plugin adds two new options to the Home ribbon in Foxit PDF Editor/Reader:
- Save to SharePoint
- Open from SharePoint
These new options allow you to interact with your SharePoint environment to save and open documents directly within Foxit PF Reader/Editor when using MacroView DMF.
In Foxit the MacroView options will appear by default on the Home tab.
How it works
After installing DMF with the plugin, new ribbon buttons will appear in the Home ribbon in Foxit PDF Reader/Editor Editor.
When you select Open from SharePoint or Save to SharePoint, the DMF File Explorer window will appear allowing you to interact with your SharePoint environment.
This functionality is the same as the Open from SharePoint and Save to SharePoint options you may already be familiar with using in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- DMF 8.8.645 or newer
- Foxit Reader 10 or Foxit PhantomPDF 10
See MacroView DMF download pages.
Deploying the configuration file to MacroView DMF users
To deploy the configuration file to users from a DMF resource library
- Download this Sample Configuration File
- Make any required changes to any of the following in the FoxitPlugin.config file
TabName = Ribbon_Category_Home
GroupIndex = 0
GroupLabel = MacroView
OpenLabel = Open from SharePoint
OpenTooltip = Open pdf from SharePoint using MacroView DMF
SaveLabel = Save to SharePoint
SaveTooltip = Save pdf to SharePoint using MacroView DMF
- Create a folder called "Config" in your resource library (from 8.8.645 and newer)
- Save config file to the SharePoint folder Config in your resource library.
- Set the Central configuration location in DMF Options/Support to point to the resource library
- Use the Refresh Configuration Data button. This will download the configuration file from your Resource library to the %appdata%\MacroView DMF\Store\Config folder on your local PC. This will happen automatically within 24 hours even if you do not click the Refresh Configuration Data button.
See the Central Configuration Location page for more details.