In this article we will see how you can create a view so you can see all the documents and emails for a Project/Case/Matter when those files are stored in separate folders.
- In SharePoint online navigate to library settings and create a new view. The view can be created based on an existing view.
Creating the view
Open SharePoint in the browser and create a new view in your library. In this example we created an Ignore Folders view based on the existing All Documents view. To create the view:
- Navigate to your library settings.
- Locate your views and select the ‘create view’ option.
- Select the All Documents view under ‘Start from an existing view’.
- Name your view.
- Scroll down to Folders and select ‘Show all items without folders’ option.
- Click ok to save.
This technique works for both SharePoint Online and on-premises SharePoint.
If you want to try out this technique you can create a suitable test library using MacroView Solution Provisioning (MVSP).