Some MacroView solutions, as well as custom solutions developed by MacroView to meet specific client requirements, are implemented using a Resource library which contains the configuration files that define the solution appearance and functionality. See the list of available MacroView Solutions .
Once the solution files have been deployed to SharePoint, users simply need to point MacroView DMF or Message at the appropriate Resource library under Options to use it.
Create the solution Resource library
To deploy your solution you will need the following pre-requisites:
- Install MacroView DMF and register your SharePoint Online tenant
- Install the MacroView Solution Provisioning extension
- Download the solution zip file
To create the Resources library:
- In MacroView DMF Explorer or Outlook, right click on a SharePoint site where you would like to create your solution Resource library, and select Provision > New Library
- Then choose Custom Resource Library and enter the library details
- Click Browse to select the solution zip file and click OK
- The Resource library will be created and will contain several folders and files. It should look something like this.
After creating the your Resource library there are a couple of changes that may be needed to align the solution files with your own SharePoint Online environment.
- Ensure the name of the search panel file in the Search Panels folder matches your SharePoint Online tenant URL e.g. yourtenantname.sharepoint.com.xml
- Update the term store and term set IDs in the search panel xml file to correspond with the IDs of the solution term store that is generated when you create your first solution site collection.
- Update the tenant URL in each of the Corporate Email Filing rules in the rules file located in the CEF Rules folder.
Further refining your solution
Many of the configuration files in the solution Resource library can be updated to further refine the appearance and functionality. These may include changing branding, defining default folder structures that are created with each library or document set, changing how site and library numbers are assigned and setting validation rules for titles just to name a few. See this article for more information: Refining your MacroView solution
For more complex changes such as adding or changing metadata and content types, or for assistance with developing your own custom solution, contact MacroView Services.
Configure MacroView DMF to use the solution resource library
Minimum requirement is MacroView DMF or Message 8.8.655
Once the solution Resource library has been created, users can point MacroView DMF at the solution Resource library to pick up the solution configuration. To do this, on each computer where MacroView DMF is installed, go to:
- MacroView > Options > Support and set your Central Configuration Location to point at the new resource library.
- MacroView > Options > General and set your Client Side Search Mask Location to point at the Search Panels folder below the new resource library.
- MacroView > Email Filing Rules > Corporate Rules and set your rules file to be the CEF Rules file located in the CEF Rules folder below the new resource library.
These settings can also be deployed using Group Policy.
Note: In most cases the new configuration will be applied immediately, however some settings are only applied after the user next logs out and back in.