When saving emails using MacroView DMF and MacroView Message the default file format is EML or MSG depending on the Email Filename Format setting under Options > Office.
If however you want to save an email in PDF format, this is also possible using the Save to SharePoint options available on the Outlook ribbon and the right click menu in Outlook or when Save on Send or Send and Save is enabled.
To save one or more selected emails as PDF files, select the files in Outlook and:
- Right-click then select Save Message to SharePoint
- Click the Save Message(s) button on MacroView ribbon
- Open the email and click the Save Message button.
- If MacroView Predictive Email Filing (PEF) is enabled and the filing type is set to Manual, drag and drop the email to the PEF drop zone
When the Save to SharePoint window appears, the File Type will have a drop down allowing you to choose PDF as the file format.
When saving multiple emails, the File Name will indicated that multiple emails are being saved and you will not be able to change the default filename. To change the filename, save a emails one at a time.
- PDFs will retain email properties the same as a .eml or .msg
- The filename for the PDF file will default to the configured default name for emails.
- Libraries that contain Emails views will need to be updated to include either PDFs or Email content types to be displayed in SharePoint views.
- MacroView DMF ad MacroView Message 8.9.1086 and later